It's what French cows say. Seriously, go to France. You can't stop them from saying it.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

#firstworldproblems

***QUICK EDITORIAL NOTE*** should I instead, alphabetically, just give a very queer/bitchy/sassy/atypically Greg review of each of the entries, one day at a time? If I start tonight, I will knock them all out three days before the concert actually begins...thoughts?

I have short-listed the six songs I think just might win Eurovision, but I can't remove any more songs...this year is going to be amazing!

In alphabetical order...

Denmark - Catchy little folk-pop tune, and from a compositional point of view, near flawless. The fact that the recorder features heavily in the song, very cool. VIDEO HERE

Germany - World renowned artist 'Cascada' with a standard euro-dance song. Still, it's going to appeal to the fags and plus-sized female models out there. VIDEO HERE

Norway - If Bjork and Marilyn Manson had a love child that was then raped by the soundtrack of 'The Matrix', this is it. Some of the best vocals I've seen in a while, and a very different song. VIDEO HERE

Russia - Power ballad, but, a very good power ballad. Lyrics are kitschy, but you don't care as you're consumed in emotion. You can't tell she's Russian by her accent as well, which is always a plus. VIDEO HERE

San Marino - This may just be part of a brilliant master plan: send her to Baku with a song that would make a deaf persons skin crawl ('The Social Network Song'...relive it here), and then come out the following year with an absolute beast of an up tempo power ballad. Bookies have this as the 15th favourite to win, but, I wouldn't put a $100 bet past this girl. Will be the highest finishing non-english song this year, and I will make personal bets with anybody who wishes. VIDEO HERE

Sweden - He may have permanent duck-face when he sings his little show tune, but like a rash, this song grows on you very very quickly. VIDEO HERE

2 comments:

  1. I notice Latvia seems to be missing. Racism rears its ugly head again Gregory.

    Having said that I hope Norway wins. Your description is utterly enthralling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latvia had the chance to send a phenomenal act which would have made my list expand to seven, but no, they had to choose the white boy high school hip-hop act.

    This is why you have no potato.

    ReplyDelete